TestOut is in the business of selling hope. Through our software training technology called LabSim, a student with little to no IT knowledge is able to "test out" and master real-world IT scenarios, opening doors to a job, career advancement, and a better life. Over 200,000 students around the world benefit from LabSim, and it is our tight-knit software development team that prides itself in making this innovative simulation technology possible.
This is what work for TestOut means:
- Work for a CEO/Owner who cares about you and shows it
- Work for a company that is small and established but experiencing growth
- Work a real 40-hour week without the pressure of late hours or slow times with no projects
- Work on impressive products that make a direct impact on the customer and drive revenue for the company.
TestOut is seeking a talented and experienced Director of Information Technology to join our team and help us leverage technology, systems, and services to improve our organizational efficiency and scalability, and help take our business to the next level of success in the exciting IT education marketplace. You will be responsible for our internal and cloud-based IT systems and infrastructure and leading the IT team. A few other new positions are being created on the IT team and you will be responsible for recruiting and hiring for those positions.
You will oversee our enterprise business applications and systems to ensure we are optimally leveraging tools and technologies in the context of our business strategy. You will partner with business function owners to develop and execute a technical strategy that helps us achieve our business goals, deliver on operational objectives, and drive end-user productivity and satisfaction, while maintaining reliable and effective systems and operations.
- Consult with stakeholders across the organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of information technology
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance, and training for the IT team
- Define and lead the execution of the IT strategy that aligns with our business strategy, as well as managing the day-to-day operation of IT operations, infrastructure, applications, data and user support functions
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Maintain the 24x7x365 high-availability and reliability of our customer-facing, cloud-based infrastructure and services, utilizing third-party partner and internal IT resources
- Provide planning, budgeting, leadership and management of the IT department, communicate current and projected needs, requirements and options in the planning and budgeting process, and recommend technology acquisitions and upgrades
- Partner with the Chief Information Security Officer in implementing required security processes, procedures, and controls for all IT systems, networks, applications, and databases
- Partner with the VP of Software Engineering to implement and maintain effective and efficient DevOps processes, systems, and services
- Evaluate and recommend vendors for hardware, software, and technology-related services
- Develop, track, and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets, including development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Ensure the smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance and ensuring high uptime and reliability
- Maintain, review, and enhance the IT disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Develop and execute on project plans for all IT system implementations and upgrades
- Monitor advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain a competitive advantage through the effective use of information technology
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 10+ years of broad-based experience working in IT systems, networks, applications, databases, and managing large enterprise-scale IT projects - including 3+ years in IT leadership roles at a mid-sized to large-scale company
- 3+ years of experience migrating to and implementing cloud-based services and solutions, or experience managing others in those efforts (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps processes, systems, and services, or experience managing others in those efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience with project management principles
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Extensive IT vendor and contract negotiation experience
- Knowledge of and experience with ITIL best practices
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, conflict-resolution and strategic-thinking skills
- Ability to promote a continuous learning environment that creates an atmosphere for professional development opportunities and growth of IT team members
About TestOut Corporation
The mission of TestOut Corporation is "To make a difference in a person's life through education using breakthrough technology". We are in the business of selling hope. We work with academic and IT Pro institutions all over the US and abroad. Through our software training technology called LabSim, a student with little to no IT knowledge can "test out" and master real-world IT scenarios that can open doors to a job, career advancement, and a better life.
For six years running, TestOut has been voted "Best Company to Work For" by Utah Business Magazine through employee surveys. We have created a business casual environment with company employee events as well as company family events. Our CEO cares about each employee and shows it through competitive compensation and great benefits.
Come join our TestOut team today! We look forward to meeting you!
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to fill out an online application.