This KB will give you steps to fix the following in IE10 and up.:
- Clicking login takes you back to www.testout.com homescreen.
- Clicking login takes you to frozen login window.
- Text disappears.
- Most other problems with Internet Explorer
There are a few steps to take in IE that will fix this issue:
1) Enable compatibility view. Go to www.testout.com
and click the compatibility view icon (the icon between search and refresh in the address bar. It looks like this:
2) Add "*.testout.com" to trusted sites. To do this, go to tools>internet options>security>trusted sites, then click the sites button. Uncheck the require server verification (https:) checkbox, then type *.testout.com and click add then close. Your window should look like this:
3) Lower security settings for Trusted Sites to low. (Optional)
4) Enable Microsoft Silverlight for all sites:
A) Go to tools>manage addons.
B) Change the dropdown to show All Add-ons. Find Microsoft Silverlight, select it (left-click), and click more information. Make sure the status is set to enabled. If it is disabled, you can enable it by clicking the button in the bottom right of the window below.
C) Click allow on all sites. If your settings look like the image below, you don't need to do anything.
4) Disable ActiveX Filtering by going to Tools>Safety and ensuring that there is no checkmark next to ActiveX Filtering.
Another option is to use a different web browser that is supported for your LabSim course (See the list of supported browsers for you LabSim course on your home screen under My Products).