The CompTIA Security+ certification covers critical security concepts that every IT administrator should know. While the CompTIA certification focuses on an understanding of security threats and issues, your LabSim training product takes your training to the next level, letting you apply what you've learned to real-life situations.
The Security+ certification is a must-have for any IT administrator, and can also help qualify you for a security administrator job role. The Security+ credential is one of several that fulfills the DoD 8570 requirements.
While anyone with some computer and networking background can benefit from Security+ training, we recommend having A+ and Network+ training (or equivalent) before starting on your Security+. The Security+ certification is similar in scope to the SSCP. After Security+ training, you will be prepared to explore more advanced security training covered in the following products: Server 2003 Security Implementation, and Server 2003 Security Design.
The TestOut LabSim for Security+ product not only teaches you the theories of security, but also lets you practice security implementation and configuration in a virtual environment. Using the included online labs, here are some of the skills you'll practice:
- Configure user accounts and user account restrictions
- Configure password and account lockout policies
- Configure groups and add group members
- Manage certificates
- Encrypt folders and files
- Configure SSL connections
- Configure Kerberos settings
- Configure and secure remote access connections
- Secure wireless connections
- Configure the Windows Firewall
- Secure folder and file access using DACLs
- Configure browser and e-mail security
- Protect data availability using RAID and backups
Security+ (SY0-301) Certification Exam
Once you have completed your LabSim training, you will be ready to take the CompTIA certification exam.
- Price: $284
- Exam number: SY0-301
- Testing center: Prometric or Pearson VUE
- Number of questions: 100
- Time limit: 90 minutes
- Passing score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Exam question format: Multiple choice
LabSim includes everything you need to prepare for certification.
- Our comprehensive training methodology includes video, text, labs, and certification test prep software.
- Hands-on labs let you practice both hardware and software configuration tasks in a virtual environment.
- Online delivery gives you instant, anywhere access through most major browsers on both PC and Mac.
- Reporting and assessment tools make LabSim perfect for use in a classroom or distance-learning classes.
Note: LabSim does not include the cost of vendor or association certification exams.