LabSim Network Pro is a complete training course in networking concepts. You will learn how to install networking hardware, configure a small office/home office (SOHO) network, and connect mobile and desktop devices to a network. Thorough lessons, demonstrations, and exams, as well as upgraded hands-on labs and new videos, give you real experience in networking.
The LabSim Network Pro course prepares you for the following industry certifications:
- TestOut Network Pro certification
- CompTIA Network+ (N10-005) certification
Note: TestOut PC Pro training is recommended before starting Network Pro training. After you achieve Network Pro Certification, you are ready to pursue additional certifications, such as MCITP, MCSE, or CCNA.
LabSim Network Pro is designed with upgraded labs that give you more hands-on networking experience. All of the labs combine hardware and software and use one of three simulated locations, building the networks sequentially through the duration of the course.
Hardware devices provide real-to-life experiences and behaviors
- Real-to-life features on the hardware devices include:
- Activity lights
- Power switches (if necessary)
- Power lights
- Over 60 different hardware components in the course include:
- Network adapters
- Networking devices (switches)
- Internetworking devices (routers)
- Security and fault tolerant devices
- Wireless Access Points (APs) and wireless adapters (A,B,G,N standards)
- Miscellaneous (rack-mountable UPSes and patch panels, surge protectors, IP phones, etc.)
The following operating systems and interfaces are simulated:
- Windows 7 Ultimate (workstations and laptops)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (networking closet server)
- Wireless A/B/G/N Access Point (configured through a web browser)
The following software networking tools are simulated:
- The Network and Sharing Center in the Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 operating system (including dialog/property boxes )
- ping, ipconfig, or tracert command utilities
- The DHCP server console in the Windows 2008 R2 operating system
Three custom-tailored locations allow you to become intimately familiar with building a network and the typical devices used in each location. Locations are:
- Corporate network
- Small Office, Home Office (SOHO)
The corporate network uses an interactive image/diagram to move between six typical offices (workstations and laptops) and a networking closet with a rack (server and wireless AP).
LabSim includes everything you need to prepare for certification.
- Our comprehensive training methodology includes video, text, labs, and certification test prep software.
- Hands-on labs let you practice both hardware and software configuration tasks in a virtual environment.
- Online delivery gives you instant, anywhere access through most major browsers on both PC and Mac.
- Reporting and assessment tools make LabSim perfect for use in a classroom or distance-learning classes.
Note: LabSim does not include the cost of vendor or association certification exams.