Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
|83 Training Videos||81 Demonstrations|
|57 Section Quizzes||75 Lab Simulation Exercises|
|109 Written Lessons||417 Exam Questions|
The Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure product covers managing network services using Windows Server 2008. You will learn how to configure DNS and DHCP, perform IPv4 subnetting, configure routing and remote access, and manage file services.
A+ and Network+ training (or equivalent) is recommended before studying for the Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure exam. You might also benefit from having experience in a Microsoft desktop operating system such as Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Passing the 70-642 certification exam gives you an MCTS certification, and also counts as one of the exams required for the MCITP Server Administrator or MCTIP Enterprise Administrator certifications.
LabSim lets you practice Windows Server configuration tasks without the need of setting up multiple servers and obtaining licenses. Using our online labs, you can practice enterprise server configuration tasks anywhere you have an Internet connection. Here are many of the tasks you'll practice as you study for your Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure exam:
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 connection settings
- Manage DHCP scopes, exclusions, reservations, and server and scope options
- Configure a DHCP relay agent
- Create DNS zones and records
- Manage DNS zone transfers
- Implement a DNS structure including root hints or a root zone, zone delegation, and forwarding
- Configure LAN routing and demand-dial routing
- Configure a remote access server for dialup and VPN access
- Configure file server access using shared folders and offline files
- Secure files and folders using NTFS permissions and EFS
- Configure DFS
- Protect data using shadow copies and backups
- Configure disk and FSRM quotas
- Manage network printing
Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (70-642) Certification Exam
Once you have completed your LabSim training, you will be ready to take the Microsoft certification exam.
- Price: $150
- Exam number: 70-642
- Testing center: Prometric
LabSim includes everything you need to prepare for certification.
- Our comprehensive training methodology includes video, text, labs, and certification test prep software.
- Hands-on labs let you practice software configuration tasks in a virtual environment.
- Online delivery gives you instant, anywhere access through most major browsers on both PC and Mac.
- Reporting and assessment tools make LabSim perfect for use in a classroom or distance-learning classes.
Note: LabSim does not include the cost of vendor or association certification exams.
TestOut for Microsoft's Configuring Server 2008 Network Infrastructure - Prepares for Microsoft's 70-642