Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
|61 Training Videos||72 Demonstrations|
|47 Section Quizzes||61 Lab Simulation Exercises|
|101 Written Lessons||368 Exam Questions|
Single User License: $495 Add to Cart
Call 1-800-877-4889 for academic pricing
The Windows Server 2008 Active Directory product covers managing an Active Directory network for small to large businesses. You will learn how to configure DNS for Active Directory, manage Group Policy and policy settings, optimize Active Directory replication, and manage certificate services.
A+ and Network+ training (or equivalent) is recommended before studying for the Windows Server 2008 Active Directory exam. You might also benefit from having experience in a Microsoft desktop operating system such as Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Passing the 70-640 certification exam gives you an MCTS certification, and also counts as one of the exams required for the MCITP Server Administrator or MCTIP Enterprise Administrator certifications.
LabSim lets you practice Windows Server configuration tasks without the need of setting up multiple servers and obtaining licenses. Using our online labs, you can practice enterprise server configuration tasks anywhere you have an Internet connection. Here are many of the tasks you'll practice as you study for your Windows Server 2008 Active Directory exam:
- Create OUs, user accounts, and groups
- Use group nesting to grant access to resources within and between domains
- Create computer accounts
- Configure DNS zones and zone records
- Configure DNS replication and zone transfers
- Implement a DNS structure including root hints or a root zone, zone delegation, and forwarding
- Change domain and forest functional levels
- Manage Active Directory sites and subnets
- Manage Active Directory operations master roles
- Configure trusts
- Configure RODC for user accounts and password replication
- Create GPOs and configure GPO settings
- Manage Active Directory Certificate Services and online responders
- Manage certificate templates, certificate requests, and client certificates
Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (70-640) Certification Exam
Once you have completed your LabSim training, you will be ready to take the Microsoft certification exam.
- Price: $150
- Exam number: 70-640
- Testing center: Prometric
LabSim includes everything you need to prepare for certification.
- Our comprehensive training methodology includes video, text, labs, and certification test prep software.
- Hands-on labs let you practice software configuration tasks in a virtual environment.
- Online delivery gives you instant, anywhere access through most major browsers on both PC and Mac.
- Reporting and assessment tools make LabSim perfect for use in a classroom or distance-learning classes.
Note: LabSim does not include the cost of vendor or association certification exams.
Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory 70-640