The Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator certification focuses on upper-administrator planning tasks. While direct implementation and management of Windows Server technologies are covered in MCTS certifications, the Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator exam tests your ability to choose the appropriate Windows Server solution for a design requirement, and your ability to perform domain- or forest-wide server administration tasks.
The Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator exam is one of three exams required for the MCITP Server Administrator certification. Passing this exam by itself does not give you a certification, but is rather the capstone exam in the MCITP certification.
Prior to studying for the Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator exam, you should have completed both the Windows Server 2008 Active Directory and Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure courses. While not required for your MCITP Server Administrator certification, you would also benefit from passing the Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure exam.
LabSim lets you practice Windows Server configuration tasks without the need of setting up multiple servers and obtaining licenses. Using our online labs, you can practice enterprise server configuration tasks anywhere you have an Internet connection. Here are many of the tasks you'll practice as you study for your Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator exam:
- Add role services to fulfill network design requirements
- Delegate DNS zones; create a stub zone
- Configure DHCP superscopes and split scopes
- Configure VPN protocols on a VPN server
- Configure RADIUS servers and clients
- Configure NTFS permissions using the appropriate group nesting strategy
- Configure a DFS hierarchy
- Deploy printers using Group Policy
- Add appropriate Terminal Services (TS) role services
- Configure TS Gateway policies
- Manage GPO links, inheritance, and permissions
- Configure WSUS server-side and client-side targeting
- Manage server auditing
- Configure NLB clusters
Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator (70-646) Certification Exam
Once you have completed your LabSim training, you will be ready to take the Microsoft certification exam.
- Price: $150
- Exam number: 70-646
- Testing center: Prometric
LabSim includes everything you need to prepare for certification.
- Our comprehensive training methodology includes video, text, labs, and certification test prep software.
- Hands-on labs let you practice configuration tasks in a virtual environment.
- Online delivery gives you instant, anywhere access (the Windows-based LabSim client is required to access this course).
- Reporting and assessment tools make LabSim perfect for use in a classroom or distance-learning classes.
Note: LabSim does not include the cost of vendor or association certification exams.
TestOut for Microsoft's Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator - Prepares for Microsoft's 70-646