The Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator certification focuses on multi-domain and enterprise-wide planning and implementation tasks. While direct management of Windows Server technologies are covered in MCTS certifications, the Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator exam tests your ability to choose the appropriate Windows Server solution for a design requirement, and your ability to perform domain- or forest-wide administration tasks.
The Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator exam is one of five exams required for the MCITP Enterprise Administrator certification. Passing this exam by itself does not give you a certification, but is rather the capstone exam in the MCITP certification.
Prior to studying for the Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator exam, you should have completed all other required courses including the Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, and Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure courses.
LabSim lets you practice Windows Server configuration tasks without the need of setting up multiple servers and obtaining licenses. Using our online labs, you can practice enterprise server configuration tasks anywhere you have an Internet connection. Here are many of the tasks you'll practice as you study for your Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator exam:
- Configure DHCP superscopes and split scopes; configure a DHCP relay agent
- Configure DNS to implement a DNS naming strategy using root hints or a root zone, forwarding, stub zones, and zone delegation
- Add role services to meet network design requirements
- Configure remote access protocols
- Configure a TS Licensing server
- Use Group Policy to control software deployment
- Delegate Active Directory administrative control
- Manage domain and forest functional levels
- Create and manage Active Directory trusts
- Manage Active Directory operations masters
- Configure Active Directory intersite replication
- Design and implement a forest-wide group strategy
- Manage GPO inheritance and permissions
- Configure domain-wide account policies
- Manage UNIX Integration Services
- Create a DFS structure
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator (70-647) Certification Exam
Once you have completed your LabSim training, you will be ready to take the Microsoft certification exam.
- Price: $150
- Exam number: 70-647
- Testing center: Prometric
LabSim includes everything you need to prepare for certification.
- Our comprehensive training methodology includes video, text, labs, and certification test prep software.
- Hands-on labs let you practice configuration tasks in a virtual environment.
- Online delivery gives you instant, anywhere access (the Windows-based LabSim client is required to access this course).
- Reporting and assessment tools make LabSim perfect for use in a classroom or distance-learning classes.
Note: LabSim does not include the cost of vendor or association certification exams.
TestOut for Microsoft's Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator - Prepares for Microsoft's 70-647