|79 Training Videos||54 Demonstrations|
|62 Section Quizzes||40 Lab Simulation Exercises|
|94 Written Lessons||605 Exam Questions|
Single User License: $395 Add to Cart
Call 1-800-877-4889 for academic pricing
The A+ Essentials exam is the first of two exams required for your CompTIA A+ certification. A+ Essentials covers basic PC concepts and configuration tasks. The A+ Essentials course teaches you everything you need to know to choose various PC components when ordering a new PC, and lets you practice hardware and configuration tasks that can be performed without opening the inside of the PC case.
You should study the A+ Essentials course first, followed by the A+ Practical Application course. We recommend studying both courses before taking either certification exam.
Prove Your Skills with the TestOut PC Pro Certification
In addition to preparing for the CompTIA A+ certification, your LabSim product now includes the TestOut PC Pro certification exam. Complete your training by gaining an industry certification that proves what you can do, not just what you've memorized. See PC Pro Certification for additional details on this new exam.
Note: The TestOut PC Pro Certification exam is currently only available to academic students affiliated with an educational institution.
The TestOut LabSim for A+ Essentials product includes extensive hands-on practice in both hardware and software configuration tasks. Our innovative and unique simulations now allow you to make hardware changes, then boot into the Windows operating system to continue and complete your configuration, all within the same lab.
Our online labs cover both hardware and software configuration, all within most major browsers on both PC and Mac. Following is a list of just some of the tasks you'll practice:
- Connect monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, and other peripheral devices
- Connect a PC to a UPS
- Select a monitor; connect using appropriate cables
- Install USB and Firewire devices
- Enable and disable devices; update device drivers
- Connect to an Ethernet network; configure basic TCP/IP settings
- Create a dialup connection
- Connect to a wireless network
- Select and connect a printer using appropriate cables
- Share a printer
- Configure power options
- Configure BIOS security settings
- Require a screen saver password
- Configure the Windows Firewall
- Configure Windows Update
- Use Windows backup and recovery options
A+ Essentials (220-701) Certification Exam
Once you have completed your LabSim training, you will be ready to take the CompTIA certification exam.
- Price: $173 each exam (two exams are required for the A+ certification)
- Exam number: 220-701
- Testing center: Prometric or Pearson VUE
- Number of questions: 100 each exam
- Time limit: 90 minutes each exam
- Passing score: 675 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Exam question format: Multiple choice
LabSim includes everything you need to prepare for certification.
- Our comprehensive training methodology includes video, text, labs, and certification test prep software.
- Hands-on labs let you practice both hardware and software configuration tasks in a virtual environment.
- Online delivery gives you instant, anywhere access through most major browsers on both PC and Mac.
- Reporting and assessment tools make LabSim perfect for use in a classroom or distance-learning classes.
Note: LabSim does not include the cost of vendor or association certification exams.
LabSim Network+ now includes the TestOut Network Pro Certification Exam (Beta)!