|132 Training Videos||132 Demonstrations|
|118 Section Quizzes||106 Lab Simulation Exercises|
|169 Written Lessons||1150 Exam Questions|
Single User License: $495 Add to Cart
Call 1-800-877-4889 for academic pricing.
The CompTIA A+ certification is where your IT career begins. A+ training covers basic-to-advanced PC hardware and Windows operating system installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
Gaining the A+ certification requires that you pass two certification exams:
A+ Practical Application
The A+ certification prepares you (and is often a prerequisite) for the following job roles: PC repair technician, desktop administrator, and technical support technician.
After completing your A+ certification, you will be prepared to further your training by studying for the Network+ or MCTS certifications.
Prove Your Skills with the TestOut PC Pro Certification
In addition to preparing for the CompTIA A+ certification, your LabSim product now includes the TestOut PC Pro certification exam. Complete your training by gaining an industry certification that proves what you can do, not just what you've memorized. See PC Pro Certification for additional details on this new exam.
Note: The TestOut PC Pro Certification exam is currently only available to academic students affiliated with an educational institution.
The TestOut LabSim for A+ product includes extensive hands-on practice in both hardware and software configuration tasks. Our innovative and unique simulations now allow you to make hardware changes, then boot into the Windows operating system to continue and complete your configuration, all within the same lab.
Our online labs cover both hardware and software configuration, all within most major browsers on both PC and Mac. Following is a list of just some of the tasks you'll practice:
- Connect monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, and other peripheral devices
- Troubleshoot system power
- Install USB and Firewire devices
- Select and install video cards and monitors
- Install network interfaces and manage network connections
- Install CPU, memory, power supply, and internal expansion cards
- Configure BIOS settings
- Format and partition hard disks; manage volumes
- Configure a small wireless network and client wireless connections
- Connect, configure, and troubleshoot printing
- Configure password and account security
- Configure BIOS security settings
- Configure Windows Update
- Use Windows backup and recovery options
- Troubleshoot startup errors
A+ Certification Exams
Once you have completed your LabSim training, you will be ready to take the CompTIA certification exam. To be A+ certified, you must pass two exams: A+ Essentials and A+ Practical Application.
- Price: $173 each exam
- Exam numbers: 220-701 and 220-702
- Testing center: Prometric or Pearson VUE
- Number of questions: 100 each exam
- Time limit: 90 minutes each exam
- Passing score: 650 for A+ Essentials, 700 for A+ Practical Application (on a scale of 100-900)
- Exam question format: Multiple choice
LabSim includes everything you need to prepare for certification.
- Our comprehensive training methodology includes video, text, labs, and certification test prep software.
- Hands-on labs let you practice both hardware and software configuration tasks in a virtual environment.
- Online delivery gives you instant, anywhere access through most major browsers on both PC and Mac.
- Reporting and assessment tools make LabSim perfect for use in a classroom or distance-learning classes.
Note: LabSim does not include the cost of vendor or association certification exams.